Central West Explorer
5-Day Central West Explorer
Price per person: $780
Explore the best that the NSW Central West has to offer including Dubbo's amazing Western Plains Zoo, Old Dubbo Gaol, Dundullimal Homestead and Wellington's Phosphate Mine. Taste wine & cheese in Mudgee, visit the historic towns of Gulong, Parkes, Forbes and Orange plus much more.
Departure Date: 20-Oct-2014
West of the Great Dividing Range you will find one of Australia's fastest growing inland cities. Big-hearted, confident and on the go, Dubbo is a popular tourist destination and home to one of the world's finest open range zoos. The city is blessed with long summers, fine food and wine, expansive parklands and historic attractions.
Explore the best that NSW Central West has to offer including the spectacular caves at Wellington, the delightful town of Gulgong and the picturesque town of Mudgee in the Cudgegong River Valley, noted for its fine wool, vineyards and honey. See the remarkable Warrumbungles, historic towns of Parkes and Orange plus much more.
Tour Highlights Include:
- Be taken on a guided tour of Dubbo's Western Plains Open Range Zoo
- Visit the historic Dundullimal Homestead which was built in the early 1840's
- Explore Old Dubbo Gaol, a well-preserved incarceration centre built in 1871
- Admire the beautiful Shoyoen Sister City Gardens with an authentic Japanese waterfall and Jurian Tea House
- Explore the Gulgong Pioneer Museum which was featured on the old Australian $10 note
- Enjoy a delicious Mudgee wine & cheese tasting
- Be guided through Wellington’s Phosphate Mine, one of the natural wonders
- Experience the Peak Hill Open Cut Mine with a guided tour
- Visit the CSRIO Radio Telescope at Parkes and explore the Visitors Discovery Centre
- Take a look around the historic towns of Parkes and Orange
- Visit the very interesting Beekeeper's Inn at Vittoria built in 1859