Cowra & Young Cherries
3-Day Cowra & Young Cherries Coach Tour
Price per person: $395.00
Pick your own luscious cherries as we tour the region of Cowra & Young. Drive a lap of Mt Panorama, visit Pat's Doll Train, Jack's Slab Hut, the Lambing Flat and Cowra Fun Museum. Take time to see the Australian Peace Bell, P.O.W. and the beautiful Japanese Memorial Gardens. No visit is complete without stopping by Poppa's Fudge and Jam Factory.
Departure Date: 27-Nov-2014
Cowra has plenty of true country experiences on offer including the Japanese Garden and Cultural Centre. Opened in 1979, this multi-award winning garden is a ‘must-see' at any time of the year, whether you are on your first or fiftieth visit to Cowra. Take a trip down memory lane and experience Cowra’s fascinating history, from the days of steam trains to the largest 'Prisoner Of War' breakout in modern military history.
Situated 71 km South West of Cowra you will find the town of Young. Best known as the Cherry Capital of Australia, Young is the home of the National Cherry Festival. The town comes alive during the cherry season and the National Cherry Festival is an annual event where the community celebrates not only the cherry season and harvest (November - December) but all that the town has to offer.
- Spend 2 nights at the same motel in the heart of Cowra
- Take a lap of Mt Panorama at Bathurst and see Blayney's Wind Farm as you travel past
- Tour the lovely town of Cowra with an expert local guide
- Visit the Australian Peace Bell, P.O.W breakout site, Cowra War Cemetery and more
- Travel along Sakura Avenue which is flanked by over 2000 cherry trees
- Explore Pat's Doll Train, Jack's Slab Hut and the Lambing Flat Museum in Young
- Visit the Chinese Gardens in Young and the beautiful Japanese Gardens & Cultural Centre in Cowra
- Stop at the Cowra Fun Museum then tempt your taste buds at Poppa's Fudge Factory
- Pick your own delicious cherries at Wombat Heights Orchard