Narooma Whale Watching
4-Day Narooma Whale Watching
Price per person: $625
Spend all 3 nights in Narooma on the NSW South Coast. Tour includes a whale watching cruise where you will see the amazing Montague Island, home to NSW's largest Little Penguin & Fur Seal colonies. Visit historic Tilba and Foxglove Spires Gardens, cruise Wagonga Inlet and see Mogo Zoo's rare white lions.
Departure Date: 28-Oct-2014
Narooma is acknowledged as one of the most picturesque towns on the East Coast of Australia. With almost 360 degree views - the inlet, forests and mountains on one side with the sparkling blue ocean and Montague Island on the other— the sheer beauty is breathtaking. Whales come heart-stoppingly close to Narooma attracted by warm, krill-rich currents as the continental shelf dips closer to shore than anywhere else along the East Coast of Australia. Boasting a 98% success rate for sightings during the peak months of September to November, what better time to go!
Premier eco-tourism experience
Travel guru Catriona Rowntree once described Montague Island as “a nightmare to film because every aspect is so good”. The island has twice been voted Tourism Australia’s top eco-tourism destination and gained membership of NSW Tourism’s Hall of Fame in 2008 for winning three consecutive ecotourism awards.
It is an important breeding ground for around 12,000 Little Penguins which can be seen coming ashore at dusk after feeding at sea.
Tour Highlights Include:
- Spend all 3 nights in the one motel in Narooma
- Explore the beautiful South Coast of New South Wales
- See the rare white lions and other exotic animals at Mogo Zoo
- Get up close with the local marine life with Narooma Charters
- See Montague Island's sea lion colony as you cruise past
- Explore the Narooma Visitors Centre & Lighthouse Museum
- Cruise the picturesque Wagonga Inlet on board the Wagonga Princess
- Visit the heritage listed towns of Tilba Tilba and Central Tilba
- Admire the beautiful Foxglove Spires Gardens
- Indulge in a tantalizing wine tasting at Tilba Valley Wines