Port Stephens Short Break
3-Day Port Stephens Short Break
Price per person: $445
Beautiful Nelson Bay is located only 2.5 hours drive north of Sydney with resort accommodation in the heart of town. Enjoy a relaxing cruise & spot dolphins at play, visit the spectacular Hunter Valley Gardens, enjoy a Barramundi Farm tour & lunch plus a local Brewery & Winery Tour and more.
Departure Date: 22-Oct-2014
Port Stephens is a place of scenic beauty only two and a half hours drive north of Sydney. With its large natural harbour spanning 24km between the mouth of the Karuah River to the Pacific Ocean, it is a blue water paradise for marine creatures and holiday goers alike. Once here you will feel miles from anywhere!
Port Stephens has that laid-back country atmosphere and has become one of the major holiday destinations on the North Coast of NSW. Renowned for its crystal clear waterways and unspoiled golden beaches, its landscaped beauty rivals the world's top scenic spots.
If you love being close to nature then you will love Port Stephens. Koalas, dolphins, whales and the incredible variety of flora and fauna help to make Port Stephens one of the natural wonderlands of the Eastern Coast of New South Wales.
Nelson Bay is on the southern shore of Port Stephens on the North Coast of New South Wales Australia.
Nelson Bay is the ideal North Coast tourist destination for exploring the natural wonders and tourism attractions of Port Stephens, Hawkes Nest and nearby Raymond Terrace. The Hunter Valley wine district also makes an excellent day trip.
Port Stephens is blue water paradise, the permanent home of 160 bottlenose dolphins, and port-in-passing for over 3000 migrating humpback whales. Don't miss the chance for some whale watching in season - it's an unforgettable experience.
Nearby National Parks offer many bushwalks and secluded coastal walking trails.
Tour Highlights Include:
- Stay in resort accommodation in the heart of Nelson Bay with hot and cold buffet breakfasts as well as 3 course buffet dinners
- Enjoy a picnic lunch in the Hunter Valley Village Common and time to explore the boutique shops
- Admire the spectacular springtime flowers at the Hunter Valley Gardens
- Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch on board Moonshadow Cruise's Supercat
- Sit back and enjoy a 1.5 hour dolphin watch cruise on the 'Blue Water Paradise'
- Enjoy free time to explore the Nelson Bay Marina shops and boutiques
- Visit Medowie Macadamias for a tour and talk
- Admire the spectacular views from Nelson Head Inner Lighthouse Reserve
- Enjoy some free time to wander around the Marina
- Take an interesting guided tour of Tailor Made Fish Farms Barramundi Centre
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at the 'Cookabarra Restaurant'
- Tantalize your taste buds with a talk and tasting at Murray Breweries & Port Stephens Winery