The Great Lakes - Forster & Gloucester
4-Day The Great Lakes - Forster & Gloucester
Price per person: $595
Explore the best of the Great Lakes region including Forster on the picturesque coast & Gloucester in the beautiful hinterlands. Take a cruise on the clear waters of Wallis Lake at Forster, tour Gloucester, sample produce at Hillview Herb Farm, visit Rawdon Vale Cattle Property & more.
Departure Date: 11-Nov-2014
Just over three hours from Sydney but a world away, you will find the Great Lakes, where the magnificent Eastern Dividing Range forms a backdrop to one of the most dazzling stretches of coast you will ever see.
At the Northern tip of the Great Lakes, surround by National Parks and where Wallis Lake meets the ocean, you will find the twin towns of Forster and Tuncurry. Forster is the ideal base from which to explore the many delights of the Great Lakes Region.
Beyond the coast lies a lush green region rich in history, agriculture and country atmosphere. Gloucester is located on the northern boundary of the Hunter region in the foothills of the Barrington Tops World Heritage area, forming part of the hinterland of the Mid North Coast of New South Wales.
The Great Lakes is a region defined by water; it interacts with spaces, places and people. Gaining its name from its unique triple lakes system the region is a nature lover's paradise full of family friendly adventures, spectacular events and accommodation for every budget and need.
This beautiful part of the coast is a blend of great places to stay, eat and shop coupled with perfect beaches, dazzling lakes, national parks and wide expanses of forest broken up with historic rural hinterland.
There are enough activities to fill a year, from adventure thrills such as diving or mountain biking, to kayaking quiet lakes as the sun sets, trekking through ancient palm forests, whale watching, deep sea fishing, surfing, or just relaxing.
Tour Highlights Include:
- Spend all 3 nights at the same motel in Forster
- Visit the historic town of Morpeth
- Travel via the charming towns of Dungog & Stroud
- Tour the twin towns of Forster and Tuncurry
- Take a 2 hour dolphin watch cruise on Wallis Lake
- Enjoy free time to explore the shops, do a spot of fishing or wander along the Main Beach at Forster
- Travel to the picturesque hinterland and visit Gloucester, the closest town to Barrington Tops National Park
- Be taken on an informative town tour of Gloucester with a local guide
- Visit the Gloucester Folk Museum, built in 1909 - 1910
- Enjoy a tasty lunch at Hillview Herb Farm along with a guided tour and talk with our host Karen
- Learn of bush rangers & stockmen, quality beef and the historic homestead at Rawdon Vale Cattle Property
- See the Green Cathedral and walk through a canopy of rainforest palm trees opening up to a beautiful open air chapel
- Enjoy lunch at the Tea Gardens Hotel while admiring the views over the water