Victoria High Country in Autumn
5-Day Vistoria High Country in Autumn
Price per person: $850.00
Explore the best of Victoria's High Country at a truly magical time of year. Spend 2 nights in Bright & 2 nights in Wangaratta. Includes guided tours of historic Beechworth & Chiltern. Enjoy local wine, cheese, honey and mustard tasting and be entertained by local entertainer Lazy Harry and much more.
Departure Date: 05-May-2014
Explore the best of Victoria's High Country at a truly magical time of year.
The High Country region is located in the North-East of Victoria. It is an area that features national parks, Victoria's highest mountains, lakes, snow in winter, vineyards and a rich history including gold discovery, cattlemen and notorious bushrangers such as Ned Kelly.
Roam Beechworth on paths paved with gold during the 1850s gold rush, which left an impressive legacy of over 30 National Trust-listed buildings for today's visitors. Visit the Beechworth Historic and Cultural Precinct and see the gaol where bushranger Ned Kelly was detained. Rich wine growing areas and locally produced cheeses and smallgoods are a feature of towns in the Wangaratta and Milawa area. Beautiful holiday towns along the Ovens River, including Bright and Myrtleford, offer an idyllic setting surrounded by mountains, forest and rivers, with their streets lined with deciduous trees that are transformed into blazing colours during autumn. Truly spectacular!
- Explore the picturesque Victorian High Country at a stunning time of year
- Spend 2 nights in Bright, Victoria and 2 nights in Wangaratta, Victoria
- Visit the Alpine Discovery Centre at Mount Beauty; a state of the art interpretive centre
- See Nightingale Brothers Apple Orchard, the largest apple orchard in the Southern Hemisphere
- Admire the National Trust Village of Wandiligong’s historic buildings and picturesque scenery
- Stop in at Red Stag Deer and Emu Farm for an interesting talk and an afternoon snack
- Enjoy free time to explore the beautiful towns of Bright and Beechworth at your leisure
- See the famous Phoenix Tree at Myrtleford, carved by sculptor Hans Knorr
- Take an interesting town tour of historic Chiltern with local guide Rex Fuge
- Sample local produce at Milawa Cheese Factory, Milawa Mustards and Brown Brothers Winery
- Learn of Beechworth’s past and present with expert guide Pat Doyle Beechworth’s Historic Courthouse comes alive with costumed re-enactments of famous trials
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at the famous Beechworth Bakery
- Visit the Beechworth Honey House and see bees up close at work
- Our last night's dinner includes a special performance by local entertainer Lazy Harry